Prayed today. Jesus picked me up as a father carries a sleepy toddler, tucking me into bed, giving me a peck on the cheek while pulling the sheets all the way up to my chin. Refreshed by a short nap, we sat down at a small round table for conversation and tea. As we were talking two armored soilders appeared with gigantic swords fighting behind Jesus. They weren't invited to the tea party! It was supposed to be Jesus and me. What kind of peace am I to have if a sword fight is going to begin? Clang. Clash. Loud metal racket invaded the scene. I wondered,"Are the fighters here to kill me?" Who are the fighters? Are they angels fighting demons? Exactly what's up with the sword fight?
As I pondered the unexpected scene, one of the swords pierced through towards me, sticking in the back of Jesus. I thought,"Woa that blow is deadly." The words came, "Becky, I've already died for you."
The knife in the back didn't cause concern to Jesus. Jesus nudged his shoulders up deflecting the sword. Ignoring the fighters, he gazed at me as a mother snuggles with her new born baby.
The clanging swords continued.
No comments:
Post a Comment