Sunday, February 27, 2011

Find Meaning.

"Find your meaning in Me." The statement came knocking or maybe dancing into my consciousness as I sat in the Menno Haven chapel service. I repeated it, "Find your meaning in Me."

Noting the depth of the message, I gave credit to God asking, "How am I supposed to find meaning in You, God?"

The conversation continued, "Follow me. I will teach you."

Chapel service over, I wheeled a few residents back to their rooms, popping into a room to see my friend Vern.  We talked about life, God, leaving home. I listened as he reminisced. For me, patience was encouraged as I wait for a formal ministry occupation.  We prayed together. Walking down the hall I noted a nurse I hadn't seen in several months. Her long blonde hair was gone.

I stopped to ask, "How are you?"

She mentioned her diagnosis, "Cancer, but my pet-scan came back clear yesterday." I listened, feeling compassion as she reminisced of the last several months of chemo, pain, surprise even adding humor. Together we cheered the good news.

Back home, while cooking supper, I stopped to ponder, "How will You teach me God?" 

A night and a day passed. While watching Brian Regan on Youtube and applying make-up, (yes, the computer was in the bathroom, balanced on the sink) another phrase came. "You will inspire others. I will inspire you. As I inspire you, you inspire others."

Simple. Sounds simple. I'm going to go get inspired. My questions continue. After getting inspired what occurs next? What inspirational packages are to be created?  Do I box it into a meal? Or bundle it into a Haitian visit? Who are my people to inspire?

Another night. Another day. I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment